Home > Trip Reports > September 18, Corn on the Palmer

September 18, Corn on the Palmer

9/15/05
Posted by OldHouseMan on 9/18/05 5:52am
This is it...I finally made one year, 12 month staight. Woo-Hooooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D

As of now the little bit of snow that is left on the Palmer is Spectacular. I don't think it will last through the forecasted warm weather this coming week. It has melted out to about half way up the Palmer lift and ends at just below the top of the lift. The new snow that we got in the last two storms has melted out and has left these nice fingers of sweet corn running vertically down the fall line about 20-25 feet wide, a few inches deep and surrounded by ice, mud, and tons of straw. I don't know what Timberline does with all the straw but there sure was a lot of it. I did two laps of 400-500 vertical each. The temps were perfect for shorts and a t-shirt.

This was a perfect day to complete my streak. Now let's hope it starts snowing.

Aaron    
Straw?? Hmm, I don't remember seeing straw a few weekend ago. I bet it was put there by Sasquatches, probably for nest making or something like that.

Congrats on the turns. Snow sounds nicer then a few weekends ago.

Nice work on the solid year O-H-M!!

I hope to report the same for this jibber in two short months.

I'm thinking guys like us who started our streak in this "winter of our discontent" year should have a pretty solid core to build a nice, long streak on.  What do you think?

woooooo-hooooo, right back at ya.

Reply to this TR

september-18-corn-on-the-palmer
OldHouseMan
2005-09-18 12:52:30