Home > Trip Reports > April 27, Stevens Pass Backside

April 27, Stevens Pass Backside

4/27/14
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by avajane on 4/28/14 5:05am
On a day called "considerable" I went up to Stevens Pass for some afternoon exercise. I found, to my surprise, a recently groomed track leading right out of the cross country parking lot. There was only an inch of new but it wasn't raining, so I was pleased. On Jupiter, I found a couple of inches of new over a hard crust that wasn't going anywhere. Nevertheless, I stayed off the steeper aspects that had slid a few days earlier. The track will hold out for a little while. Where I was it was a 'low" danger day with the crust as firm as it was. If there was more snow on a steep aspect...

Despite my nice afternoon/evening on a "low" danger day - I'm in the doghouse for being out by myself again on a weekend where someone got badly hurt. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.
I hope you dug a lot of PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dug no pits, I did no ski cuts. I only had a few of the essentials.  The snow had a Polish Pucker factor of zero! I left my beacon on in my pack - since it's a nice pack and someone might want it. Also, I wouldn't want to break a rib falling on that boilerplate.

I was joking--I AM GLAD YOU DUG NO HOLES!

I'm joking about everything but "being in the doghouse".  It really makes it hard to explain why I am so safe by myself -when somebody goes out and get hurt.  Speaking of joking - wait till you see my next post...

Reply to this TR

april-27-stevens-pass-backside
avajane
2014-04-28 12:05:24