Home > Trip Reports > April 26, 2014, Mission Ridge Graupel Blossom

April 26, 2014, Mission Ridge Graupel Blossom

4/26/14
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by bensidor on 4/27/14 9:26am
Long time lurker and I figured this day was too much fun not to share.  Before I get beat up too badly, I want everyone to know that absolutely no bolt cutters where utilized during this tour. 

While most Wenatchee Valley residents was busy celebrating Apple Blossom Festival, there were a handful of wiser folks that took advantage of one of the better days skiing this season.  The normal 20 minute commute to the hill turned into 30 due to parade activities, as evident in our smiles, the extra ten minutes didn't seem to bother us much.  A thick layer of graupel, up to an inch in places, was sitting under a couple inches of new snow.  The combination of the two made for fantastic skiing, it felt like skiing on a foot of fresh rather than just a few inches. 

The sun was out all day.

Not hesitating one bit

The happy sequence

The only one in the group who made less turns than Mike all day....

We better get back up and do it again...nothing a little peer pressure couldn't take care of! 

Every dentist's dream!

My artsy shot of the day

The snow stayed great all day.  Jamie linking a few.

'Couldn't wipe that smile off with a turd'

Mike couldn't resist!

A harvest it was

Easily one of the better days I have had all year.  It was the perfect trifecta, a great group, perfect weather and fantastic snow!
WaHOO!  Here is some of that graupel:

Thanks for the report and the photos, Ben.  I agree.  One of the best days of the year.  (I'm pretty sure you were part of all of the other best days of the year too).

I'll have to pile on with the great day!  Great snow, great company and bluebird weather.  Nice pictures, thanks for the post.

The start of the frenzy.

The end result.

http://www.climbingskinsdirect.com. ?

http://freeheelvegan.com/2012/04/17/silly-skins/

Reply to this TR

april-26-2014-mission-ridge-graupel-blossom
bensidor
2014-04-27 16:26:04