Home > Trip Reports > April 21, 2014, Summit Central/Silver Fir

April 21, 2014, Summit Central/Silver Fir

4/21/14
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by r1de on 4/21/14 12:57pm
Had not used my split since Vertfest in Feb. and was short on time, so opted for a quick training blitz at Silver Fir.  I took a peek at Hyak first, and it looked too brushy and roasted for my taste, but I did see one brave soul skinning up the face at about 13:30.

There was nobody skinning Silver, but the snow coverage and calm sunny weather were great.  My time window on the snow was from about 14:00 to 15:30.  Down low it was still holding integrity enough to make skinning relatively simple.  I opted for the chairline until the last pitch, and then went up hogwild - Silver Fir is epically moguled.  Stupidly, I descended Silver Fir and had to pick my way through the ginormous moguls before the relatively smooth and fun ride back down the chairline.  A bit sticky, because of my poor timing.  Plenty of great snow out there still though, for you early birds!
I posted a TR in the wrong area. I came to the same conclusion around 11am. Moguls on the upper slopes. :)

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=31523.0

Reply to this TR

april-21-2014-summit-central-silver-fir
r1de
2014-04-21 19:57:31