Home > Trip Reports > April 18, 2014, Pilchuck, AS GOOD AS IT GETS

April 18, 2014, Pilchuck, AS GOOD AS IT GETS

4/18/14
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by Shred on 4/20/14 2:10am
Chris Olson and I only had a short day to get out and play in the snow, before I had to drive around the Mountain loop to do some work in Darrington. The obvious answer was something on the loop and Pilchuck it was, as we figured that we would have a better chance of clearing. The plan was to park at Heather lake Trailhead and climb up Bob's gully out of the cirque, ski a few runs and follow our ascent back to the cars. To our pleaseant surprise, the lower gate was open! So we proceeded on up to the upper gate. It also was open! Thanks Mr. Forbes and those responsible for the openings!

You can drive within a half mile of the parking lot. This years lower elevation snowpack is thin compared to the few previous years. The first stretch of trail is allready showing dirt! You can still stay on snow if you do a little twisting and winding. I'm afraid it is going to be a short Pilchuck season this year, unless you want to hike the trail.
I will let my video do the rest of the talking.
Go get it before it melts out!
http://thesnowtroopers.com/2014/n-cascades-wa-mount-pilchuck/
very nice!!!!

THat looks fun.  I need to get over to that side of the mountains one of these days and visit Mt. Pilchuck.

Nice little island in the sun you found

great video Jeff and Brianna!  The music was excellent.
Thanks,
Rusty

Thanks for the TR. Awesome, inspiring vid!

Reply to this TR

april-18-2014-pilchuck-as-good-as-it-gets
Shred
2014-04-20 09:10:39