Home > Trip Reports > April 13, 2014, Muir- Nisqually Glacier- Bridge

April 13, 2014, Muir- Nisqually Glacier- Bridge

4/13/14
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by SteveS on 4/18/14 3:42pm
Looking to ski something new- for us anyway, rather than the Nisqually Chutes, my son Jeremy, Greg Wong, Steve Price, and Peter Mullen, and I descended what is essentially the skiers more or less "left side" of the lower Nisqually Glacier. We Contoured onto the glacier about 750-1000 ft below Camp Muir Camp Muir. It was a beautiful ski with excellent corn, a bit of route finding, and a few crevasses to watch out for. Met up with the rest of our party who had skied The Chutes and continued on to enjoy more creamy turns all the way to the bridge. A beautiful day , and some the best Spring turns I've had to the bridge.
author=SteveS link=topic=31490.msg132074#msg132074 date=1397889773]
Looking to ski something new- for us anyway, rather than the Nisqually Chutes, my son Jeremy, Greg Wong, Steve Price, and Peter Mullen, and I descended what is essentially the skiers more or less "left side" of the lower Nisqually Glacier. We Contoured onto the glacier about 750-1000 ft below Camp Muir Camp Muir. It was a beautiful ski with excellent corn, a bit of route finding, and a few crevasses to watch out for. Met up with the rest of our party who had skied The Chutes and continued on to enjoy more creamy turns all the way to the bridge. A beautiful day , and some the best Spring turns I've had to the bridge.

Reply to this TR

april-13-2014-muir-nisqually-glacier-bridge
SteveS
2014-04-18 22:42:53