Home > Trip Reports > April 18, 2014, Kendall Knob

April 18, 2014, Kendall Knob

4/18/14
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Web on 4/18/14 8:22am
Some 2" of new over variable crust and icy slopes with tree bombs on the southern aspect. the north side looked about the same but we stayed southwest. Dicey skinning in some areas. The top skied poorly as expected with dust on bumpy crust, but below 3500 ft the corn was okay circa 1pm. Rollers and dubiously supported crust was observed above the good corn.

Boondoggle all around with a handful of good turns, as expected. Good weather though.
How have the TTS been treating you?

author=Marcus link=topic=31487.msg132054#msg132054 date=1397864158]
How have the TTS been treating you?

Not too bad. I do feel I can get low enough to be stable and charge, but it feels like it takes more energy to make that happen too.

Today was another good experiment day - I have had a couple warranted releases, but the "DIN" does seem to be a touch low for me with the toe in ski mode. I don't feel good about skiing in toe tour mode yet.

Our conversation made me paranoid about ramp angle and spring limitations, but they skied beautifully in the Chutes on Sunday. The rig did okay today as well, but conditions made for generally 'meh' experience.

I'm not ready to sell off the Freedoms just yet.

Don't want to derail the TR topic, but….

Just got my TTS bindings in the mail today :-)

What boots are you using?  I have the F1's and Tx Pros…  Tx Pros are used on freedoms currently.

Hoping to log some big adventures this spring and summer with a little bit of weight savings.

Nice Web, glad you're happy with them.  I've never skied mine with the toes in "tour" mode, including a day of pretty pounding garbage at Crystal a couple of seasons ago.  Never had a problem, but that's only one data point.

Dan, I'm using the TX - if my memory serves, Web's on the black/yellow TX Pros.

I'm flipping my TTS over to my spring ski next week, hopefully get them out for another spin.  The Freedoms were phenomenal on Paradise last weekend, but the snow was so good you could have been using bread bags and been pretty happy.

Yep I've got the 2011 vintage TX Pros, but I stopped using the top buckle. If I replaced them I'd probably go with the TX instead - to maintain ntn compatibility and subtract one buckle.

One thing of note that I'm glad I thought about beforehand was using Radical toes with the tts heel conversion kit. I think it makes getting in significantly easier.

Reply to this TR

april-18-2014-kendall-knob
Web
2014-04-18 15:22:38