Home > Trip Reports > April 13, 2014, Paradise

April 13, 2014, Paradise

4/13/14
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Charlie Hagedorn on 4/14/14 12:09am
A joyful day of skiing on the Mountain. A Highway 2 snafu Saturday night put the kibosh on a trip to St. Helens, and Julia and Gustav had never skied on Rainier, so Muir became the plan.

The Snowfield didn't quite soften to perfection with the 7k freezing level and steady 10 mph breeze, but it was smooth, making for easy skiing in the sunshine at 4pm. Poked into the Chute entrance: soft-enough for a fun descent, but our group wasn't feeling it, so we opted for the snowfield. Great coverage. Soft runnels between Glacier Vista and the car were atypical bouncy fun.

Great to see a gaggle of friends in the parking lot, too!
Great day to be on the hills!
Saw some sweet lines thrown down this weekend, like the Kautz Headwall and the Wilson Headwall!
A little vid of the days conditions. Everything is Phat, go get it!
https://vimeo.com/92012861

Way cool, Jeff.
Your daughter is "Rich" in more ways than one!

Sorry we missed you Saturday. Visited with the Jessels up high. We had a good laugh remembering how Kristy got her nickname "Bad Buddy" on our Skyline tour last year. :D
Looks like she's earned a new one "Rad Buddy"! ;)

author=shred link=topic=31435.msg131880#msg131880 date=1397573281]
Great day to be on the hills!
Saw some sweet lines thrown down this weekend, like the Kautz Headwall and the Wilson Headwall!
A little vid of the days conditions. Everything is Phat, go get it!
https://vimeo.com/92012861

Great shoot - I think I'm going to steal that song for my oldest daughters wedding!

Shred,
"Daver" and I met you along Glacier Vista while you were providing a tow; we were impressed!

We camped at the Castle and had a great view of the 4 guys skiing the Wilson Headwall. Sketchy line; a serac peeled off the Kautz and thundered down the headwall about an hour after they skied it.  I wish I had seen the Kautz Headwall ski!

Reply to this TR

april-13-2014-paradise
Charlie Hagedorn
2014-04-14 07:09:53