Home > Trip Reports > April 1, 2014, Schweitzer sidecountry

April 1, 2014, Schweitzer sidecountry

4/1/14
US elsewhere
Posted by telemack on 4/3/14 2:18am
     After skiing lifts at Schweitzwer for over 15 years, I finally had time & conditions to climb Big Blue from the area.  This is an obvious short tour N of the rope tow that drops back into the area with the correct exit.
     The rope tow was not running---April Fools!---but a guy was booting it.  I hollered hello and got a long-time local to skin with.  Dave Marx has his own custom ski manufacturing biz.  We teamed up with Tom, a splitter from Boise, and skied open glades E of the main face of Big Blue.  Creamy crud turned to manky mash, then a few creek crossings and the "1000 step hill" or something took us back to the Stella lift and a quick drive back to Puget Sound. 
     Fortuitous sequence of events made for a sweet slackcountry tour.  79 months o' TAY.  :)
Dang, I was there also on April 1. Mostly going about 70 down the perfectly corded groomers, and parking lot Bbq'n in the sun.  We need to coordinate, I feel like we keep barely missing connections.      Zack

Nice streak!
author=telemack link=topic=31354.msg131562#msg131562 date=1396545525]
a quick drive back to Puget Sound. 
Can you please share the coordinates of the wormhole that you've obviously discovered!!?? We visit some friends in CdA quite often, but damn that drive is anything but quick.

It depends on the cloud formations  8)

Reply to this TR

april-1-2014-schweitzer-sidecountry
telemack
2014-04-03 09:18:45