Home > Trip Reports > September 3, 2005, The MASSIVE Palmer Glacier

September 3, 2005, The MASSIVE Palmer Glacier

9/3/05
Posted by Jeff Huber on 9/3/05 9:46am

The Palmer continues to deliver the goods. This weekend it was more fun as Ann and Andy were along. Contiguous skiing verticle essentially remains the same as last weekend, with a recording of 560'. Snow conditions were bumpier and rougher. We took one lap, for a Joy-O-Meter score of 21.71% (560/2579). Weather consisted of a low cloud deck covering the valleys west and below Timberline, cool temps and a breeze when we arrived. We saw one other skier, a Telemark skier that told us we were nuts. We think he was nuts too.

Más fotografías:
-
-

-

I think we should go do this again next weekend, Ann and Andy ;)

Jeff
It was good to get out but I'm not sure about doing the same next weekend.  Hopefully there will be some October snow.  Here are some more pictures.

Jeff skiing

Jeff with White River in background

Plamer littered with rocks

Dirty snow on Palmer

Hole at bottom of Palmer

Hole at bottom of Palmer

Oh my, I'm glad I didn't get to close -- that really does look like a Sasquatch den!

I still say you were nuts and I was too.  I figured I would run into Jeff someday.  I was the teleskier up there Saturday enjoying the good stuff.  That was way better than the Dome in August.  That marked 120 months and that could be the end. (ten years should be enough)  Certainly the string will be done unless we get the same early start in October that we got with last year's awesome season.  There sadly is no snow left for us nuts. HB

...for a Joy-O-Meter score of 21.71% (560/2579).

21.71%!  you're right, that is MASSIVE.  glad you guys found more than two turns...  ;)  by the way, nice photos.

HB it was nice to meet you. Congrats on hitting the 10 year mark!

It would have taken me 28 laps to hit 560' with the snow we found this weekend. After 6 I was worked.

Well done.

Reply to this TR

september-3-2005-the-massive-palmer-glacier
Jeff Huber
2005-09-03 16:46:48