Home > Forum > 03/23 - Blackcomb

03/23 - Blackcomb

• CD
  • [CD]
More
23 Mar 2014 18:01 #221488 by CD
03/23 - Blackcomb was created by CD
Wow, what a day! Bluebird skies, excellent groomers, carvable styro-snow off piste. Morning started with a warm-up down Jersey Cream, then over to the new Crystal Express. Great chair for runs down Arthur's Choice as well as the new run down chair line. Other than that, everything else is groomed intermediate runs, so bailed to Glacier Express for the rest of the morning with a run down Sudan Couloir (Couloir Extreme) to finish the morning before lunch. More rocks this year than last making the Climax entrance a rock garden and virtually unskiable if you like your skis.

After lunch, several more Glacier Expresses, then over to 7th Heaven for runs in the sun and softening snow. Far skiers left through the gates was nice fall-line bumps for half the run. Another run down Sudan and a shout-out to LD who rocked it all the way down. Towards the end of the day, hiked Spanky's Ladder over to Ruby's Bowl. Like Climax, the entrance was a rock garden. I don't think I've ever side stepped down rocks so steep. Definitely butt-pucker. But, once in, Ruby gave up the goods with continuos steep fall-line bumps for close to 2K vertical feet. All captured on my GoPro.

Back up Crystal Express to find Glacier was closed for the day, so headed up Jersey to get the packs and head out.

Very few lift lines and fast chairs as evidenced by the almost 40K vert on the Avocet at the end of the day.

Ready for a big day at Whistler tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.