Home > Trip Reports > March 11, 2014, Inter-G and Big E

March 11, 2014, Inter-G and Big E

3/11/14
Posted by Boot on 3/12/14 12:38pm
For me too much work, too little snow, too much snow, too much rain, broken sleds, and bad luck timing with partners and weather has made for very few turns this season  :(.  Tuesday I got my due with all aligning perfectly.  Expected firm down low and hoped for a few new up high, but watching satellite of a southerly-like convergence zone pointed right at the north side of Rainier and dropping temps, it looked like we might get lucky.  The deep cold snow in the White River drainage up the Emmons to Steamboat Prow felt more torturous than lucky by these two trail-breakers, but was tempered by the beauty of the day and mountains.  Kyle busted ass; can't imagine what he would have done if I'd fed him  :).  Steamboat was windless and Interglacier was still in FULL-ON SUN.  After over 3,500' of dreamy turns we were unable to describe what we just rode.  The bottomless bouncy float was felt once before in this same place, but not to the degree or with this top to bottom consistency.  With the sun at our backs every turn blew a huge shadow spray left, then right, repeat, each time covering our own shadow.  To finish the 6,500' day we skinned up the shoulder of Ruth and rode the Emmons, then one final skin back to WR Campground.  Few pics, but my camera quit on me part way up and hope Kyle will add some.  BTW, expected to see some big slides, but only one we saw from a distance was one of the NE facing peaks on the north end of Gov's Ridge.
That's a great report, love the pics too. Particularly the 1st one, it has great lines (& curves)

Great pics! I ignored the telemetry and skied Stuart yesterday.  Was a wonderful day in the sun, and good skiing for the most part, but I should have headed south. Pow trumps corn every time.

Such an amazing day though trail braking was brutal. Couldn't agree more about the conditions on the Interglacier being the best I have experienced.

According to my Gopro 2 minutes and 34 seconds of bliss

Here are a few photos.

nice!!!!!

i didn't see quite that much snow up on baker, but specific volcanoes notwithstanding, it sure was a great day to be riding light, cold pow in the alpine sun!

and sledding out sure beats skinning out in the rain.  that last damp slog fest cost me my camera!

author=bs. link=topic=31115.msg130500#msg130500 date=1394740365]
nice!!!!!

i didn't see quite that much snow up on baker,

BS, did you lose a red buckle?

author=Jonn-E link=topic=31115.msg130505#msg130505 date=1394743305]
BS, did you lose a red buckle?

nope.  green buckles on my snowboard ski boots!

but there were a few other parties on the north side of baker enjoying the sun and pow on tuesday...

WOW--SO COOL!  THANKS.

Now that's a happy TR.  Stoked for you guys!

hate. you.  hate. you.  wish. i. was. you.  hate.  hate. 

Savegondor- Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry  ;D

author=Boot link=topic=31115.msg130584#msg130584 date=1394860901]
Savegondor- Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry  ;D

wish I had that sled.  tomorrow looks great.  a friend and I may head to crystal instead. 

Reply to this TR

march-11-2014-inter-g-and-big-e
Boot
2014-03-12 19:38:22