Home > Trip Reports > March 7-9, 2014, North American Skimo Championship

March 7-9, 2014, North American Skimo Championship

3/7/14
Posted by cascadekid on 3/12/14 9:04am
The Wasatch Powder Keg at Brighton ski resort is the longest-running skimo event in the US, and this year it was chosen to be the North American Championships. That meant that in addition to the strong Wasatch crowd, a pack of Canadians, Coloradans and other far-flung speed suit types would be coming to downsize my opinion of my own fitness.

Nevertheless, I couldn€™t pass up the opportunity to jump in and tangle with much better racers in three different race formats; sprint, individual, and teams races against the best on the continent.

My story and photos are here: http://mountainlessons.com/skiing/wasatch-powder-keg-2014

(Photo: Racers on the technical ropes portion of the teams race, courtesy of ISMF)
Keep it up man!  Great TR and great attitude.  I'm looking forward to skimo catching on here in the NW, but also great to see folks taking it so seriously in utah and CO (maybe a little too seriously based on some of the facial expressions of the other racers in your pics :) ). Congrats on a great season of racing and thanks for sharing.

Awesome write-up, you really had me laughing. Sounds like you came at the race with a great attitude and most importantly had a lot of fun. I just got me feet wet with racing this winter so your tr was very inspiring. Keep it up!

Reply to this TR

march-7-9-2014-north-american-skimo-championship
cascadekid
2014-03-12 16:04:00