Home > Trip Reports > Feb 28 Lake Lillian

Feb 28 Lake Lillian

2/28/14
Posted by Jake the Brit on 3/2/14 1:33pm
That slope is great, there are reassuring tree anchors and a long left took me down to Rocky Run at 3900€™, just in time for a cup of mint tea. Faces east, gets the morning sun, soft & buttery & fast.

Up. East  side of Rocky Run to traverse at about 4700€™, through some steep & avi path terrain, above Lake Laura and up to Lake Lillian, dodging around the cliffs and the water courses.

crusty crust became my enemy and we fought for a while. I stuck it one until 5200€™ above Lillian when it became clear that it was going to bend me over one way or another, also I was worried about losing the sun softened crusty snow to the promised cold front and having to ski out down the steep stuff above Rocky Run, so I retreated, west facing sun affected slopes just about to get funky with wet slides coming off the higher cliffs. Spring conditions fast rolling.
Coffee this time in the valley, there€™s a jetboil café down there. Back up. Back down to the car @ Gold Creek, this time down the major drainage, which was stupid and very steep and I have had a word with myself. What a laugh.

photo explanation:
http://jakeevans.smugmug.com/Washington/Lake-Lillian/37392301_hN2VNV

Reply to this TR

feb-28-lake-lillian
Jake the Brit
2014-03-02 21:33:57