Home > Trip Reports > july 30, columbia glacier

july 30, columbia glacier

7/15/05
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by kam on 7/30/05 9:42am

No way!   :D

Looks fun... kind of  ;)

Excellent!

Captains log: July, 1997 - Party of 3 (Elias, Ian, myself) arrive to the shores of the lake with one Nautilus-class inflatable vessel only to find that the ice was too thick to make the crossing. Neither ourselves nor our vessel were equipped for the rigors of polar exploration at the time so the mission had remained incomplete...

- Kevin

so you paddled across Blanca Lake to access the columbia glacier?  damn!  how many miles of trail to get to the lake?  
I wanna see pictures of y'all storming the beach.

:)
I love it.
You guys are a never ending source of creative amusement.  
Did you get any turns in?

Water skiing, eh?

Great picture!  :)  :)  :)

So what's the deal? Cass gets the raft to move fast enough that you can do water skiing? ;-)

Nice you guys, how fun  :D!  Good thing Skip kept the sharp ends of the ski poles away from the boat  ;D.  

Hmmmm, looks like we need to add training on lake rescue to the Glacier Skiing/Snowboarding and Crevasse Rescue course.

Where is the glacier?   ???

Lookin' mighty sketch...

Awesome photo Kam.  Skip's pose, Cass rowing, the centered composition, one of your best :)

Awesome photo Kam... one of your best :)

Agreed. Fun to see you put it all together. Thanks for a "tour" of other images from your fantastic journey. You guys are too much fun!

Did you get any turns in?

Way to go boys! Original always 8) Did ya spend the night and knock out August?

From the looks of the "patch technique/jump turn," and the water in the upper part of that photo, could Skip possibly be sneeking in some practice for next years "Slush Cup"?  ;D

Skiers of the Impossible!   ;)

I'd pay good money for a poster-sized print of Skip in mid- jump turn, just to answer all the people who ask me if there's really any skiable snow up in the mountains this time of year.  

Reply to this TR

july-30-columbia-glacier
kam
2005-07-30 16:42:13