Home > Trip Reports > July 17 , 2005, Muir-Again!

July 17 , 2005, Muir-Again!

7/17/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Scotsman on 7/18/05 3:18am
I know, I know, not another Muir report but honestly it was surprisingly good. :D
Hiked up with my telemarking buddy Mike to Muir. Arrived about 12.30 pm.
Top 1500' was the sweetest corn you could wish for. It was so good in fact that we hiked back up and did the top 1500' again 8)
Got 4,300' of skiing, for 6,200 of hiking and skinning if my arithmetic is correct.Not too bad for July ;)
Lower stuff was a bit grabby but still skiable.
Wild flower display aroung Alta Vista and Edith Basin is the most spectacular I have seen it.
Chris, I'll read your Muir reports anytime.  And climbing back for seconds, well that's pretty burly.

Where did you put your skis on?  Pebble Creek?

Were there lots of climbers in the vicinity?

I'm hoping to go back to Muir within the next two weekends.  Gotta keep that streak going...

Maybe we can put together a posse of TAYers and make a day of it.

Yep, Just above pebble creek for the start of the skinning. Lots of people in various forms, some dressed like they are about to summit Everest and some in jeans and tee-shirts, but that's what makes it so much fun.
Send me a PM JibberD when you want to go up again.I'm
planning on going up one afternoon and spending the night at Muir so I've got fresh legs for some serious yo-yoing next day! you want to try an overnighter and yo-yo the good stuff at the top?

Thanks for the awesome day Chris.  The Mountain sure was in all her glory.  The skiing was pretty fine as well.

MikeC, my telemarking buddy. Transmorgrafied from a lurker to a poster at last. Welcome to TAY ;D
Planning on an overnighter soon. PM me if your in ;D

Reply to this TR

july-17-2005-muir-again
Scotsman
2005-07-18 10:18:49