Home > Trip Reports > The supersecret tour.../ blueberry poptart

The supersecret tour.../ blueberry poptart

1/15/14
Posted by tele.skier on 1/6/14 5:34am
Of course I can't tell anyone about my secret stash, so I have to keep the location secret. Heaven forbid any of those weed smoking heli opperations get wind of my super secret stash or even worse those weed smoking sled heads find my stash and then endanger me by riding back and forth stoned on the deadly combination of gas/mix and ganja....

Here's a picture of the secret trail head location for those in the know...

Even supersecret routes have skin tracks from interlopers... what balls they have! One guy in our group followed this skin track hoping to catch them damaging the delicate flora of our pristine super secret route....  His casual "Badassery" is obvious to all... as he rockets upward. He's so fast going uphill that the forest service wants to classify him as a heli service. No really, I'm serious...

One of our group saw the contrails of a plane in the sky above the ridge. It seemed to be illegally flying over our secret location. He decided he would try to hike up higher and get the license plate number off that plane but it might have been a little bit out of range for his eagle eyes...

My accessment of the day was as follows,... The skin track was rock solid and slippery. My skins slipped numerous times and thank god for my whippet or things would have gotten ugly a few times.. The skiing was very good at higher elevations. Some light windslab above 4000 ft in some places. Occasionally, some exposed ridges were scoured down to the ever present "glaze" from wind transport. Many concavities had some wind effected slightly deeper amounts of soft snow with only minor slabbiness. The real issue is coverage. You could easily ski into a rock or under a log in lower elevations, to say nothing of the most upsetting kind of incident,... *GASP* a core shot!

Fun was had by all, and the supersecret tour pop tart for the day was blueberry with frosting and sprinkles.... that's frosting AND sprinkles... WTF, do you think we are foolin' around out there?...
Excellent report. I promise not to tell anyone.

when the sticker on the rocketbox in the first photo gives the location away, can you really call it secret, much less supersecret anymore?

Nice trip report, Frank. Good to see you're getting out.

author=tele.skier link=topic=30240.msg126571#msg126571 date=1389044042]
His casual "Badassery" is obvious to all... as he rockets upward. He's so fast going uphill that the forest service wants to classify him as a heli service. No really, I'm serious...

I've heard the stories of him!  If the tales are true he's breathtakingly handsome and the Snoqualmie Valley's equivalent of this stunner
http://youtu.be/vBLxzv17zc8

author=tele.skier link=topic=30240.msg126571#msg126571 date=1389044042] Fun was had by all, and the supersecret tour pop tart for the day was blueberry with frosting and sprinkles.... that's frosting AND sprinkles... WTF, do you think we are foolin' around out there?...

Awwww shucks, I hope they don't serve that again tomorrow :(

author=pipedream link=topic=30240.msg126573#msg126573 date=1389044613]
when the sticker on the rocketbox in the first photo gives the location away, can you really call it secret, much less supersecret anymore?

Shit, but I can't tell then if this is Vail, Alpental or Crystal Mountain!?!  Hmmm, now that I think about it, I think I've seen that box and maybe they're in Yakima?  Perhaps the OP can give GPS coordinates to the southern terminus of Denny Ridge.

Nice TR, thanks for not sharing the "Stash" Dr. Frankenstein you're still in the club and as always, "I went skiing today too".

the A for the V >C
b

author=alpine-earth link=topic=30240.msg126626#msg126626 date=1389073997]
I've heard the stories of him!  If the tales are true he's breathtakingly handsome and the Snoqualmie Valley's equivalent of this stunner

Granted that Hansi is much better at posing with birds, but Hansi couldn't carry his bootbag,... if he actually owned a boot bag... 

Alpentalic Badassery incarnate....  birds will not pose with him out of fear..

**Mike: Good to hear from you. Where ya been? WTF, are you a hermit or something?...

*No poptarts were harmed while posting this response.

Hansi!  Pop Tarts!  Secrets!

author=tele.skier link=topic=30240.msg126640#msg126640 date=1389115683]
Alpentalic Badassery incarnate....  birds will not pose with him out of fear..

But Corvus Corax, the spirit of our lost mountain sisters & brothers, have been known to talk and visit with him when his soul & mind are right. 

...or perhaps they were trying to steal his poptart  ???

And an alpentalic he his not, often getting on the wagon for a ride to the pleasant slopes & vibes of the 'Abies amabilis' chairlift zone.

author=flowing alpy link=topic=30240.msg126635#msg126635 date=1389113985]
the A for the V >C
b

Your math appears sound.

Reply to this TR

the-supersecret-tour-blueberry-poptart
tele.skier
2014-01-06 13:34:02