Home > Trip Reports > Jan 3-5, 2014, Scottish Lakes

Jan 3-5, 2014, Scottish Lakes

1/3/14
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by dkoelle on 1/5/14 12:49pm
Great trip as usual.  Nice to see Chris, the owner, in the parking lot.  This was the first time we've ever been there in sunny, clear weather.  The snow cover, while low, featured about 3 inches for fresh cold powder at the lodge from Thursday the 2nd, and maybe 6 or more higher up.  My son and I took advantage of the weather and settled conditions and went to Tamarack, my first time beyond Lake Julius.  6 1/2 to 7 hour round trip, starting at 8 AM.  Thanks to a great skin track from another pair it was quick work up to this perhaps 6900 foot local high point.  Great views, and the real bonus was shaded, north facing cold powder: really very very nice, on the way back down to Loch Eileen and then Lake Julius.  Quality snow!  Hopefully they'll build their base.  New at the main lodge is solar power with some phone etc. charging capacity; same family-friendly environment as always.  Hot tub and sauna fired up by early afternoon: thanks guys!  A few pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/koelle/

Reply to this TR

jan-3-5-2014-scottish-lakes
dkoelle
2014-01-05 20:49:11