Home > Trip Reports > Jan 3,4 ONP A whopping two inches of pow!

Jan 3,4 ONP A whopping two inches of pow!

1/3/14
WA Olympics
Posted by runcle on 1/3/14 1:05pm
Mixed conditions in shaded zones above 5500 ft. In spots you can find some nice fluff on top of variable grades of ice and supportable crust. If it stays cold the skiing should hold up for the weekend but you're going to have to work for it in these parts :)

The first couple of shots were taken by a guy I met from Georgia last week. He was psyched to have a chance to ski in the Olympics. Conditions were brutal but the scenery did not disappoint.
We're skiing up there tmrw AM.  Mind providing more specific coordinates?  I'm not as familiar with the area.  Thanks!

Conrad:

Check your pms! Sorry, I did not see your post until this morning. The skiing out there is going to be better than Klahanne by far! I was up there yesterday and it pretty slim pickin's with windpack, ice, hidden rocks, crust etc.

Good luck!

Once again… thanks for the diligent reporting.  Can't wait for a good base out there!

author=danpeck link=topic=30203.msg126526#msg126526 date=1388970051]
Once again… thanks for the diligent reporting.  Can't wait for a good base out there!

I'll second that!

We have been spending our "mountain" time on the single track trails out your way Doug. Not quite the same as pow turns, but enjoyable none the less!

Gary

Reply to this TR

jan-3-4-onp-a-whopping-two-inches-of-pow
runcle
2014-01-03 21:05:23