Home > Trip Reports > July 3, 2005, Hotlum-Wintum

July 3, 2005, Hotlum-Wintum

7/3/05
Posted by silaswild on 7/3/05 9:08pm
When my partner bailed Friday afternoon due to work obligations, I was happy once again for Charles' friendly website!  I sent a pm to scotsman's request for information about Coleman Pinnacle, suggesting Shasta instead for this weekend.  Five minutes before my planned 830PM departure, I received his phone call and offer to drive.

We departed south Tacoma around 10PM and arrived at the snowbank blocking the final mile of the road to Brewer Creek trailhead at 10AM Saturday after food, fuel, and rest stops as well as shopping at the Fifth Season, ranger station in Shasta City, and grocery store in McCloud.  Luckily we caught up with Amar, Jeff Huber, Jonathan and Ben Sheffitz there, again thanks to tay.com

Skiing was great corn from the summit 1130AM Sunday, and even the ski back down to the car from our 10200' camp was not bad 130-2PM.  This route was in prime condtion yesterday and the snow is almost continuous right back to the trailhead now.  

Thanks Charles, for building the tay community, Amar; for your Shasta expertise, and Chris (aka scotsman), for a great weekend.
Oh my gawd, what an amazing past three days!! I'm super glad we were able to hook up with you, Chris and Amar. What a great group! My head is dizzy from all the fun.  The skiing yesterday was equally as excellent as Sunday. I plan to post a report with links to tons of photos probably tonight or tommorow, in the meantime here are some of you, Silas:

Another Silas action photo
Silas with more than 6,000vft to go!

I have 200+ more photos to sort thru :-)

I'm glad somebody did it right ! More pics please!

Reply to this TR

july-3-2005-hotlum-wintum
silaswild
2005-07-04 04:08:48