Home > Trip Reports > December 3 Stevens Pass

December 3 Stevens Pass

12/3/13
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Randito on 12/3/13 9:37am
Skied Skyline side today.  Northwest aspects skied great. A little bumpy and sticky underneath, but snow quality wonderful.  No movement or collapsing noticed.  Cold on northside in the shade, but no wind.

Toured the backside today. Was very good. Stable powder, sunshine, and cold temps (but pleasant in the sunshine). Good coverage but some boulders and creeks still exposed. Had to chuckle at the employees making laps and riding the chair up, stating they were "working on the lifts."

author=Pete_H link=topic=29851.msg125189#msg125189 date=1386123924]
Toured the backside today. Was very good. Stable powder, sunshine, employees making laps and riding the chair up, stating they were "working on the lifts."
I met the Mountain Manager, Avalanche Forecaster and another employee heading down just as I finished my skin up.  I think they were a little jealous of those of us who got there ahead of them, but I have to admit I was really jealous of their ability to start up the chair and ride the new lift back up.  Yesterday was the day to go though, cause today they open the new Jupiter chair.

You mean the new Stupider Chair?

Reply to this TR

december-3-stevens-pass
Randito
2013-12-03 17:37:40