Home > Trip Reports > November 30 - Vantage Sand

November 30 - Vantage Sand

11/30/13
Posted by chiconstics on 11/30/13 10:33am
Desperately seeking snow and going stir crazy in the house, we decided to load up our gear and take a mini road trip to Vantage for some turns. On the drive from Leavenworth, the clouds never lifted, the temperature never rose and the frost never melted. It was cold on arrival to the dunes but we were determined to get some freshies. It turned out to be a pretty good day despite the lack of snow. Here's a little video of our turns: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vogsventures/11143347556/
Brilliant - thanks!

Nice turns on the dunes!

The visuals are great. Fantastic family event. :)

What?  A bolly film with no lip singing and dancing!!!  Refund please.

Nice work Donni.  Glad you made some good fun out of the lack of snow.

Gregg

author=Gregg_C link=topic=29808.msg125051#msg125051 date=1385871956]
What?  A bolly film with no lip singing and dancing!!!  Refund please.

Nice work Donni.  Glad you made some good fun out of the lack of snow.

Gregg
[[We were so bummed our Rogers trip was cancelled Gregg, we had to go seek out a few turns somewhere! (: Donni]

Love it! Thanks

very creative on use of time, place and media!
b

that is a well made video!  great work!

You just made my Monday morning so much better!

Good work! I'm quite jealous at the nature of the skiing down those dunes! I tried poaching a few turns at the OR sand dunes a few years ago, and was able to skin up without skins and had to push my way down the steepest section... i think it was too late in the day and it was just all mank!

So glad I made Monday a better day for those going back to work. And I think the snow in the mountains did too! Cheers and lets hope for more snow and cold temps.

author=Stefan link=topic=29808.msg125096#msg125096 date=1386004045]
that is a well made video!  great work!

[Thanks Stefan, this only took about 20 minutes to make on my iPhone with the cheesy little iMovie app! (:]

Reply to this TR

november-30-vantage-sand
chiconstics
2013-11-30 18:33:44