Home > Trip Reports > November 16. 2013, Summit West

November 16. 2013, Summit West

11/16/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by pipedream on 11/16/13 6:03am
Early evening obligations constrained my options so I headed-up West this morning with several like-minded individuals. About a foot of new on dirt at the bottom and 16+ at the top of the quad. The shallow, heavy snow didn't afford much in the way of turns but I managed to eek a few out at the very top and on the steeper section about halfway down the main face. Pruned the tops of a few shrubs, but didn't hit anything of consequence, Weather was promising early-on, but the clouds returned and it began dumping in earnest around noon. Parking lot was full when I got back to my car, today appears to be a work/training day at the resort. Lots of families showing-up to play on the snow, too. Precip. remained snow all the way back down to exit 47, if it keeps it up tomorrow could be worth a return visit.

Stopped by Chair 2 Board Sport's new location atop the pass on my way out and ran across a whole contingent of locals hanging around. Aardvark's new trailer was up and running next door and the smell of Dan's curry was wafting through the air. Winter is on its way in up there, hopefully it won't be too much longer until the chairs spin.

I test drove a new rig for a couple of laps mid-afternoon.  Ran into a couple of youngsters having a safety meeting in the patrol shack up top.  Brush slalom!

Reply to this TR

november-16-2013-summit-west
pipedream
2013-11-16 14:03:12