Home > Trip Reports > June 19, 2005, Muir Snowfield

June 19, 2005, Muir Snowfield

6/19/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JibberD on 6/19/05 6:50am
With Saturday night's positive weather forecast I decided to commit to a trip to Muir.  It was a good decision.  The weather held, despite looking a little threatening in the early afternoon and the cooler temps at Muir.

Boot packed to Pebble Creek, ~2 miles, then skinned on nice solid snow to Camp Muir.  It was pretty much sunny all day under broken clouds later, with a few bigger clouds thrown in to keep us guessing.  A steady breeze kept the sunglasses fog-free and the body comfortable.  Despite being slathered in spf 30 I'll be breaking out the aloe gel...

Met up with Chris aka Scotsman at Camp Muir and we rounded up a TAY lurker "Scott" to join us in turns on the Muiracle Miles from the Camp to Pebble Creek.

The snow was great, like platters and platters of thick buttery corn.  Surprisingly the conditions remained pretty consistent all the way to Pebble Creek.  Tons of turns and tons of space for tons more...  So I'd recommend taking a vacation day and getting up there!

There's something wonderful about making turn after turn in untracked until the quads scream for mercy, then doing it again. 8)

More pics here:
http://groups.msn.com/RandoSkiing/muir61905.msnw?Page=2

Thanks for the info. I'm heading up tommorow so I'm glad to hear the conditions are good.

Doug, Thanks for the photos and company.
Look forward to skiing with you again, soon. :D
Today has been such a beautiful day tha it's taken all my will not to bag work and go skiing. Ahh well, only three more months till fall  ;D

LETS GO THIS WEEKEND YEAH1!!!@ !~$@#!DF#@$

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

pm me!  8)

Reply to this TR

june-19-2005-muir-snowfield
JibberD
2005-06-19 13:50:07