Home > Trip Reports > October 3 Chinook pass

October 3 Chinook pass

10/3/13
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by WhiteyWhite on 10/4/13 5:22am
We there with the rest of the awesome people who showed up for the goods. Started skiing at 9:00 which was a great call because our first 2 runs were way better than the last 2. Maybe even should have left a bit earlier. Next time.

This was our first time skinning in the area and we weren't to sure where to go. So seeing the tracks from the parking lot looked pretty good, but we were also fearful of it warming up too fast and getting thick. So we headed to the ridge which looks NW to Deadwood Lakes. Skied a couple different lines in that area, then head back to the car around noon. Our last run to the car was really heavy and sticky. But the first 2 were awesome. Should have gotten up earlier...

So fun to see the parking lot party! Everyone was stoked for the early snow, and even more stoked for a good season!
Dude. You owe me! EVERY time I go to Hawaii it dumps snow there. I thought I would be safe in early October but here I am reading about pow turns while sitting on some dumb sandy beach with tiny waves. This is rediculous.

author=Col link=topic=29256.msg123135#msg123135 date=1381036215]
Dude. You owe me! EVERY time I go to Hawaii it dumps snow there. I thought I would be safe in early October but here I am reading about pow turns while sitting on some dumb sandy beach with tiny waves. This is rediculous.

We need a "like" button. In all seriousness I feel your pain. I was in Hawaii last year in February during a huge powder week...

Reply to this TR

october-3-chinook-pass
WhiteyWhite
2013-10-04 12:22:00