Home > Trip Reports > October 2 crystal mountain

October 2 crystal mountain

10/2/13
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by WhiteyWhite on 10/2/13 11:22am
Missed out on the gondy ride yesterday, but went up today to see what was up. Walked to about halfway up quicksilver lift, then put skins on. Skinned up to FQ lift, then over to iceberg and up that to GV bowl. Green valley bowl was amazing. Didn't hit any rocks and the snow was fabulous. Way deeper than I would have thought! Skinned back up to the top and then down lucky shot, which was also fun. Skied down to almost the bottom of quicksilver lift, but the bottom was very rocky. I only did it because I work in a ski shop, and can fix skis rather easily. So if you are planning on bringing you new skis up to crystal, you can pretty much make it to the bottom of Rex without finding many rocks. Otherwise, it's adventure skiing from there. Super fun though! I'm planning on skiing chinook pass tomorrow, hoping to find better coverage as the weather warms up. I heard that it was pretty decent. Also talked to a couple guys who went to south back today, and they had first tracks back there. They were able to ski to about the same place we stopped.
They need to stop messing with my Saturday plans and re-open RNP, dang nabbit!

Reply to this TR

october-2-crystal-mountain
WhiteyWhite
2013-10-02 18:22:40