Home > Trip Reports > 9/25/2013, - Muir (Belinda's Birthday Tour)

9/25/2013, - Muir (Belinda's Birthday Tour)

9/25/13
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by BrianT on 9/25/13 11:03pm
The crew, (Silas, Jeff, Carl, Tara, Yoyo, David, Amar and his friend, Zach, myself and Belinda headed out to Rainier. This was Belinda's birthday (Happy 21st bday again baby) and her tour.

The temps from atmos site showed a high of 44 at Paradise for the day and Muir in the 20's. With this being the forecast we brought our warmer ski clothes.  We arrived in the parking lot with a bit of snow spitting down and the tree's lightly dusted. It was a brisk 30-40 degree's out so we dressed accordingly as it would be getting colder the higher up we went.

Silas brought a cake and balloon for her and presented it to her in the parking lot. We had a bit of it, then got ready and headed up. Right out of Paradise the wildlife was in full speed. Counted 5-6 deer within 5 minutes of leaving Paradise. They would let you get close too.

The rest of the crew broke off and I stayed with birthday girl and we took our time hitting Pebble Creek (about 2 hours) and found out she had 3 blisters on her feet. Poor birthday girl.

Belinda stayed back at Pebble and went up to about 8k and took some great pics, I ended up heading up to Muir to meet the rest of the crew.

Made it to Muir around 2:40 and got there, checked for the rope I left in the hut on accident a few weeks earlier (someone ganked it :( ) and then packed up my gear and skied down with Amar and his friend.

The snow was fun, a bit sticky in places, but it was still a fresh 6 inches or more of pow on top of the snow field. All the cracks and suncups were filled in so life was very pleasant.  We skied down and I took my ski's off at pebble so I could walk back with Belinda while the other crew skied down to about 6800 while doing some rock dancing.

Over all fun factor was a 7.5/10. Visibility and lighter snow would have made it a 10, though I had a blast with my girl on her bday.

Thanks crew for an amazing trip and convincing me to get sick that day from work.

Reply to this TR

9-25-2013-muir-belinda-s-birthday-tour
BrianT
2013-09-26 06:03:54