Home > Trip Reports > September 1, 2013, Sholes Glacier

September 1, 2013, Sholes Glacier

9/1/13
Posted by Donnelly_M on 9/1/13 2:21pm
Conditions on the Sholes Glacier were soft with only small to medium size suncups.  Snow held well on the steep sections with minimal ice.  More crevasses continue to open up on the upper Sholes.

Top of the Sholes

Glad you got soft conditions.  The cups were pretty hard Saturday evening on Ptarmigan ridge near C-P.

We might have talked for a moment when I was heading out Sunday morning with my daughter from an awesome kid-and-dad overnight.

author=James Wells link=topic=29115.msg122575#msg122575 date=1378137043]
Glad you got soft conditions.  The cups were pretty hard Saturday evening on Ptarmigan ridge near C-P.

We might have talked for a moment when I was heading out Sunday morning with my daughter from an awesome kid-and-dad overnight.

Hey James, did you do an August-and-September-turns-in-one-outing trip?  Cool stuff.

Hey Mack, I could have done it on the way out, but chose not to.  Give me something to aspire to.  Some friends are coming in for a barbecue at our house on Sat the 14th and we're going to do a family ski/hike on the 15th, probably at Ptarmigan / Coleman again for easiest snow.

Come up for the weekend if you're not booked, will be a fun party (but low expectations on the skiing on the 15th unless you pick up more crew).

Good hiking to get there!  I was the scrawny guy at the Portals that asked if you were gittin some turns on the Scholes.

Have fun.   

Reply to this TR

september-1-2013-sholes-glacier
Donnelly_M
2013-09-01 21:21:40