May 27, 2005, Mt Hood, Timberline $19.55

• Amar Andalkar
  • [andalkar]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Jun 2005 19:27 - 03 Jun 2005 00:18 #211919 by Amar Andalkar
May 27, 2005, Mt Hood, Timberline $19.55 was created by Amar Andalkar
After spending the previous two days skiing on the north and east sides of Mount Adams (see TAY report ), I was too tired to attempt anything major on Friday, so Corey Bloom and I headed to Timberline Lodge for a rest day of skiing the lifts. Not much to report, other than we enjoyed a fine breakfast buffet at the lodge, got our tickets for only $19.55 each (a special price this week in honor of 50 years of RLK ownership of the ski operation since 1955), and then spent 5 hours yo-yoing the Palmer chair on good to great spring snow conditions. The snow didn't get really sticky until the last couple of runs, just before the 2:30 PM closing time, and afterwards we could ski out to within 50 ft of the parking lot. Time to head down to Mount Shasta to meet a bunch of other Seattle skiers for Memorial Day weekend.<br><br>The snow is melting very quickly down low. The photo below shows conditions looking up from just above the lodge ( click here for an enlarged version). I also took some super-zoomed telephoto shots of the summit showing snow conditions and climbers near the Hogsback and bergschrund .<br><br> <br><br><br>
<br>This was part of a (planned to be) lengthy Cascade volcano ski road trip. Other trip reports:<br> May 25-26, 2005, Mt Adams, Lava-Lyman-Wilson-Rusk Glaciers <br> May 28-29, 2005, Mt Shasta, Avalanche Gulch <br> May 30, 2005, Shastina, Cascade Gulch & South Face <br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.