Home > Trip Reports > July 1, 2013, Mt Hood, Zig-Zag Glacier Corn

July 1, 2013, Mt Hood, Zig-Zag Glacier Corn

7/1/13
OR Mt Hood
Posted by cascadekid on 7/1/13 11:41am
NT and I skied up to Illumination rock for some rock shennanigans before skiing back to T-line.

Snow was variable but with a smooth surface, making for fun skiing from 9,000'.  Coverage remains intact to the parking lot.

I was glad to see a set of beautiful tracks on the upper white river glacier.  High-five to whoever laid it down in such good style.

Photos and more rock blah-blah here: http://mountainlessons.com/rock-climbing/climbing-illumination-rock
author=cascadekid link=topic=28935.msg121736#msg121736 date=1372732909]
NT and I skied up to Illumination rock for some rock shennanigans before skiing back to T-line.

Snow was variable but with a smooth surface, making for fun skiing from 9,000'.  Coverage remains intact to the parking lot.

I was glad to see a set of beautiful tracks on the upper white river glacier.  High-five to whoever laid it down in such good style.

Photos and more rock blah-blah here: http://mountainlessons.com/rock-climbing/climbing-illumination-rock

Glad your ski was good.
Nice climb. If I'm ever thinking of hitting myself in the face with a hammer I'll come down and climb it instead :)
Most of your Oregonian Volcanic Plugs seem to have much better rock - right? ;) I had the "pleasure" of doing some climbing at Smith Rocks without bolts...Character building of sorts?

there some good trad at smith, but it's not granite.  it takes skill, ingenuity, and charm to place the gear.  Qualities which some washingtonians lack  ;D

author=cascadekid link=topic=28935.msg121743#msg121743 date=1372745806]
there some good trad at smith, but it's not granite.  it takes skill, ingenuity, and charm to place the gear.  Qualities which some washingtonians lack  ;D

When I placed gear at Smith Rocks I think I was a Californian. I certainly had charm back then before I got all old and water logged. :'(

Reply to this TR

july-1-2013-mt-hood-zig-zag-glacier-corn
cascadekid
2013-07-01 18:41:49