Home > Trip Reports > ONP June 29, Victor Pass

ONP June 29, Victor Pass

6/29/13
WA Olympics
Posted by runcle on 6/29/13 9:42am
The bowl below Victor Pass still has plenty of snow for turns but it is suncupped and runneled in spots. Still lots of good skiing to be had for at least a couple more weeks if you have time to wait for the fog to clear and you don't mind waiting for goats to clear off the trail :) Best to get after it in the am!

Nice to run into you again Gary, Jeff and Jan! It was another great day to be in the Olympics!
author=runcle link=topic=28920.msg121675#msg121675 date=1372552930]

Nice to run into you again Gary, Jeff and Jan! It was another great day to be in the Olympics!

We enjoyed seeing you as well. Although our day didn't include skis, it was definitely a fun day in the mountains. Here's another shot of mom and her kids enjoying the great views.

We'll definitely be back up that way before things melt out.  :D

Gary

Wow... I saw the same Family last weekend.

Was the line still open Gary and Jeff skied followed by you... the narrow line on the East side of the bowl?

I'm thinking of heading up tomorrow morning early.

Thanks for the post, Doug.  I am on the DL list for a while (strained ligament  in ankle) and this might now be on my list for July streak-maintenance.

Dan: Nice pic! I believe that is the same batch of goats. Great shot by Gary by the way taken at about the same time I took mine looking east. I was not able to see the top of the chute when I was out due to fog but as you can see in my first pic the the lower half is melting out. Worth a look though....

Mac: I feel your pain. I have been sidelined for a while thanks to a nagging knee injury that will probably require doing nothing for a while for it to heal. It's hard to do nothing when you've worked so hard to stay in shape. :(

Thanks Doug,

I wasn't sure if the photos were of that very spot.  I might be jumping rocks a bit, but I think I'll give it a try.

Dan

author=runcle link=topic=28920.msg121731#msg121731 date=1372728001]
Dan: Nice pic! I believe that is the same batch of goats.

Here's a link to more photos, it was a very picturesque day.  You may notice two additional goats.  One is the typical breed.  Another "kid" likes to wear a blue hat and is 5 years old.  You may also notice he likes chocolate.  He makes me proud :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danpeck/sets/72157634328905371/

author=danpeck link=topic=28920.msg121717#msg121717 date=1372712424]
Wow... I saw the same Family last weekend.

Was the line still open Gary and Jeff skied followed by you... the narrow line on the East side of the bowl?

Here's a shot of the line Jeff and I skied a few weeks ago taken on Saturday, it has several feet less snow and is considerably narrower than when we went down it. I didn't look at the main chute further to the east.

Great pictures of the hike with your son, he is a really goer!  :D

Gary

Reply to this TR

onp-june-29-victor-pass
runcle
2013-06-29 16:42:10