Home > Trip Reports > My Last After Work Pilchuck 6/6/13

My Last After Work Pilchuck 6/6/13

6/6/13
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by JimD on 6/13/13 2:43am
We dodged most of the showers and had a good run, but it is getting thin at the bottom of the Gunsight, suncupped and runneled below, we kept skis on the packs after booting out of the gully.

Thanks for hosting my retirement party (it was my last day of work after 35 years teaching) on the summit John!

What a great way to celebrate!!!

Congratulations, Jim---I "only" have 30 years teaching so far.... 
You are a role model for all those kids in your elementary PE classes of an adult who enjoys life-long fitness in the outdoors.  8)

Well done!

Congrats on your retirement.

Congratulations on retiring. I retired last year teaching and administering in a south Seattle  elementary school, though only after 21 years. I came to teaching late in life. Skiing during the week at Stevens is great. Thanks for all the hard work you've done for children in the past 35 years.

greg

A Phys. Ed. teacher out skiing after his last day of classes...that is awesome. If only my PE teachers cared about anything besides football, I might have gotten into skiing a lot sooner in life!

Congrats!

Thanks everyone. My wife (who also retired after 36 yr. at K-1) and I can't quite believe it yet. I was blessed to work at a great school, with dedicated teachers, a super principal, and incredible proximity to the mountains so I could head up for my after work fix. Now I can go anytime I want - and stop by on my way to say hi and rub it in a bit! See you all on the slopes (more!).

Reply to this TR

my-last-after-work-pilchuck-6-6-13
JimD
2013-06-13 09:43:46