Home > Trip Reports > June 8. 2013, Mt Hood, South Side by Bike from PDX

June 8. 2013, Mt Hood, South Side by Bike from PDX

6/8/13
OR Mt Hood
Posted by cascadekid on 6/11/13 5:40am
Fantastic adventure, and beautifully written! Thanks for sharing. :)

Nice work and great telling of the trip!  Scary to read about the wind gusts up there on top.

Sweet!  Have been contemplating a version of this that could be called "Sandy to Summit".  Glad to hear you blew our cycling mileage out of the water :)

Way cool. I have been contemplating a similar adventure (maybe not going quite so huge). Inspiring, thanks for posting it.

sweet trip dude
way to get after the adventure!
b

Very nice brother!! An inspiration, certainly from the physical perspective, but more so from the human perspective. Rebuffat is writing a poem right now about your harmonius communion with nature and human spirit for those < 24 hours.

Proof you can have an adventure in your own back yard.  All it takes is an adventurous spirit and a little creativity.

Way to go kid!  I've been thinking about a leisurely version of that from Seattle to ski in the cascades.  My idea was just to do a totally "green" trip, not an endurance and adrenalin trip like you did.  Very inspiring!

Strong work! I've contemplated a similar trip but thought about including a loop on the Timberline Trail as well. This led to a bike approach-circumambulation/trailrun-summit-ski descent-bike return on all the volcanoes with round-the-mountain trails; Three Sisters, Hood, St Helens, Rainier, Adams, and Glacier Peak come to mind. Call it the "Once Around and Up" tour.

However, I have not managed to get any further than casual contemplation, and I never dreamed of doing it in one push. So once again, strong work! It's always nice to see Portland represent.

Reply to this TR

june-8-2013-mt-hood-south-side-by-bike-from-pdx
cascadekid
2013-06-11 12:40:28

© 2001-2021 TAY and our awesome community members