Home > Trip Reports > June 14, 2013, South Sister?

June 14, 2013, South Sister?

6/14/13
OR elsewhere
Posted by nwysham on 6/10/13 10:50am
Planning a trip up with friends this weekend.  The other guys don't have BC gear.  I'm considering bringing mine anyway.  Will the conditions be favorable for skinning?
My guess is you're gonna be booting quite a bit, but I'd still bring my gear if I were you. Can't tell you how many times I've been hiking only to regret not having my gear.

I hiked Green Lakes trail on Sunday. Continuous snow started around 6,200 ft. Met two guys coming down from SW ridge of Broken Top. They booted up and didn't skin. Not sure why. I hope to get to S Sister for turns weekend of 6/15.

The bumper sticker "You're Going Anyway-Take Your Skis" seems to apply here  8)

Great, thanks for the ideas. We are headed up tomorrow and plan to ski. I will let you know how it goes.

Let me know how it goes. I plan to ski it Saturday.

Just got back and showered. Conditions are pretty good, snow starts at around 6000ft about 20 minutes hike from road.

Hadn't fully recovered from my cold last weekend so it was a long tiring and somewhat nauseous trip but with good snow and fantastic weather.

One thing to note is when skiing down the Clark, glacier it ends in a small cliff band that appears impassible.

Reply to this TR

june-14-2013-south-sister
nwysham
2013-06-10 17:50:48