Home > Trip Reports > June 5, 2013, Silver Slopes

June 5, 2013, Silver Slopes

6/5/13
Posted by garrettww on 6/5/13 3:17pm
I can't believe someone else hasn't already posted today about Silver. Conditions were great - as previously advertised. We had plenty of sunshine, nice views, fun turns, and it was pretty much all to ourselves.

I brought up my two buddies who usually only ski the lifts and have little experience with uphill skiing. Silver served as a nice introduction to ski touring, and they both had a great time.

We started at around 4pm and the snow conditions made for quick skinning up to the ridge. The sun cups are getting pretty big down low on the flats in the clear cut, but are easily avoided by sticking to the bobsled track. We did have to do a bit of huckleberry tramping on the way out, but at least we kept our skis on! A few cars were arriving for sunset turns as we were departing.
You must have been the group of three with the dog that I saw leaving when I was getting ready to head up.  Some awesome sunset turns were made even awesome-er  :D by a generous beer donation from Dicey and Big Steve at the usual hang out spot on the ridge.

author=garrettww link=topic=28744.msg120886#msg120886 date=1370499431]
I can't believe someone else hasn't already posted today about Silver.

I think it's safe to say Silver's getting skied daily at this point ;).

skied it 5 days in a row  ;D

https://vimeo.com/68424455

Reply to this TR

june-5-2013-silver-slopes
garrettww
2013-06-05 22:17:11