Home > Trip Reports > May 28, Alpental, Found iPhone!

May 28, Alpental, Found iPhone!

5/28/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Wachusett on 5/29/13 3:21am
Alpental is still skiable *almost* all the way to the base, but it's pretty thin. You can still ski all the way to the upper parking lots, but they're locking the gate above the lower lot at night now. I didn't get started 'til 5, so I booted up to the flat with the guntower where the continuous snow starts. Nash/Adrenalin still ski fine, the lower mountain sucks, but there's still easy-to-get-to snow, so whatever. Also, if you finish a tour between 7:30 and 9:30, you can have your very own freeway all the way to North Bend.

The whole point of this post is that I found an iPhone on the way up. It might still work once it dries out, which is probably going to take a while (it was more than a little damp up there). It looked like it was dropped very recently. Anyway, if it's yours and you want it back, let me know what it looks like and what route you took up and I'll get it back to you. I also found what added up to be 2 1/2 complete ski poles (5 pieces, total) and a set of old Kastles that looked like they'd been on the hill since the mid-80s. They're still there.

Oh yeah, and watch out for creeks. Found one the hard way.

Reply to this TR

may-28-alpental-found-iphone
Wachusett
2013-05-29 10:21:12