Home > Trip Reports > May 11, 2013, Silver Peak (Snoq Pass)

May 11, 2013, Silver Peak (Snoq Pass)

5/11/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by TBill on 5/11/13 4:00pm
Cold Creek Rd is driveable for a mile once you hit gravel. Snow on road from Mill Creek bridge. Left car at 1:30. Walk a few a hundred feet on snow patches and then you can skin to just past Twin Lakes TH where it's back to bare road for half a mile around that hairpin turn. 1 lap of good corn down to Annette Lk from the ridge (continuous snow to the lake but that low coverage won't last much longer). Booted back up and hung out on summit (calm) drinking in the last of this pleasant stretch of sun, watching the lenticulars morph on Rainier, pondering life, blah blah, and then rode back down through Olallie Meadows where heinous pollen ensued gumming up my base stopping me from any fruitful progress in shred mode. Curses. Split skied the rest and road, but it still felt like I was dawning skins from the (downhill) progress I was making.
Thanks for road update !
Bummer on the pollen . Rain might make it go away?

Thanks for the report T. Did you see DOD and Jessica? They said they saw a knuckle dragger running around up there. :)

author=shred link=topic=28513.msg119909#msg119909 date=1368374099">
Did you see DOD and Jessica?

Tbill! Indeed we saw you on the carry section, and hoped you enjoyed your day too! We agree with your excellent logistic report on road and pollen. It was the Silver Peak Pollen Party! made the road downhill a-pole-kick-glide-pole-pole-sticky-slog. The upper sections skied beautifully. And the summit views were more rewarding than we thought they'd be given the rolling clouds--cool lenticular on Rainier for sure!

ski ya!

That run to annette seems to melt out fast. Thanks for the cc update. Is all the snow melted out on sliver fir and the nordic trails? I wanna carry a dura-flame log over those again.

Reply to this TR

may-11-2013-silver-peak-snoq-pass
TBill
2013-05-11 23:00:20