Home > Trip Reports > May 1-3, 2013, The Isolation Traverse

May 1-3, 2013, The Isolation Traverse

5/1/13
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by tsuyoshi on 5/9/13 10:17am
the full version here which includes lots of pictures!

Over the first three days of May, my friends Peter, Will and I completed the Isolation Traverse. We went south to north and wouldn't do it any other way on skis. The snow conditions ranged from perfect preserved powder to heinous breakable crust to extreme mashed potatoes. It's amazing to see familiar mountains from such a different angle and truly realize the potential for skiing in the North Cascades for those who are willing to work for it.

3 days forced us to keep moving but without having to rush. I wish I could have spent 5-7 days on the traverse to ski everything in sight, but I'll take the 3 that we got and just go back some other time. Anyway, here are a few pictures...
read the full version of your TR.... great write up!  congrats on the traverse

This:

Is brutal!  Nice write up/trip. 

Liner socks will keep that from getting so bad.

I was wearing liner socks. My feet held up surprisingly well until the bushwack/trail with sweat-saturated socks.

Awesome trip guys! Todd, you work with my sister-in-law, Jenni Schmidt. She introduced us a few weeks ago. Your blog is quite inspiring! I'd love to get out there with you some time. Until then, keep up the good work! -Robby

Steph and Aneka: You are Angels! Thank you!

sick phtotography! Thanks for sharing

Reply to this TR

may-1-3-2013-the-isolation-traverse
tsuyoshi
2013-05-09 17:17:39