Home > Trip Reports > May 8, 2013, Alpental

May 8, 2013, Alpental

5/8/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Chuck C on 5/9/13 2:28am
Climbed up last night in record time for me.  Pretty easy conditions all the way up.  Snow on the way down was nice.  Only note is that both entrances into Nash are seriously melted out.  If the weather keeps up expect to have to remove your skis for a few steps or make a serious jump.  Fog rolled in the lower mountain around 8pm and was warm, no cold, no warm, no cold....
Saw you (I think) just above the top.
No issues with pollen? I certainly had some, not sure in what stretch. Skis spotty black on bases when I stopped to look, thick enough to be scrapable with a wax scraper and collected into gross little tarballs.
But other than that, yeah nice night out. Ideal temps and good nuff snow far as softness and support. Amusing to look down at the traffic stuck behind the blasting closure.
Today's dusk tour experiment: packed some summit mead rather than traditional summit beer. Meh, like beer better, but for those that care you can get decent quality mead in a can now (Blue Dog, Oregon).

Not any serious pollen issues, but did have some issues with skins picking up silver grease from either the cats or the from chair.

author=wolfs link=topic=28496.msg119857#msg119857 date=1368131702]
Today's dusk tour experiment: packed some summit mead rather than traditional summit beer. Meh, like beer better, but for those that care you can get decent quality mead in a can now (Blue Dog, Oregon).

Stick to summit beer, that's what we did!  Good to see you again Wolfs!  Try out the new Fremont Organic Pale Ale they made for Seattle Beer Week that starts today, nice and hoppy session ale.  We had Ranger for a heavier varietal.  Both available in cans.

Oh, the snow and weather was superb last night!  Got it in before the clouds hit.

B)

No pollen here.  Just a lot of dirt on the skis.  We're you the skier I talked to on the ridge?

What was really cool was seeing where the sun set last night.  In a totally different spot than I'd seen it before.

Anyone lose an Iphone at the base of chair 2 around this time?  Friend found one the next day 09May2013.  PM and I'll send you contact info.

B)

Reply to this TR

may-8-2013-alpental
Chuck C
2013-05-09 09:28:24