Home > Trip Reports > April 23, 24, 2013, ONP The Dragon's Tooth

April 23, 24, 2013, ONP The Dragon's Tooth

4/23/13
WA Olympics
Posted by tyreid on 4/28/13 5:08am
"The Dragon's Tooth" is a small rock spire sitting amidst a high col in the northeast ridge of Rocky Peak. From this col a line threads 2500' vertical feet of wild terrain to the road.

"The Broken Tooth" is the name Jack Ganster gave a cool line on the north face of Rocky Peak some 17 years ago (the one you can't help but stare at from Port Angeles).

Super fun ski adventuring in this zone with the nice weather last week. Jack and Katy and I skied The Broken Tooth and The Dragon's Tooth on Wednesday. The day before I did a little recon mission to check out another approach option via a frozen couloir on the south side.

The full low down and more pictures here.
Tyler: Cool Beta  8)

Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed meeting you in person the other day and gleaning from your deep knowledge of the terrain in this area.  I hope to get out with you soon on lines such as these.  Truly spectacular place to hang out!

author=danpeck link=topic=28407.msg119481#msg119481 date=1367196944]
Tyler: Cool Beta  8)

Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed meeting you in person the other day and gleaning from your deep knowledge of the terrain in this area.  I hope to get out with you soon on lines such as these.  Truly spectacular place to hang out!

Hey Dan, great to meet you as well, that was a fun day! Look forward to more...

Nice work Tyreid..
Looks like you found the only skiable cavity on the Dragon Tooth and the other run. Not a lot of options on either picture, either ski the line or go big!
I don't know those areas for squat, must have been interesting exiting both of them once your in the hole.
Good work and nice website too.

Love seeing all the different things you have been skiing! keep em' coming.

what's that line in the bottom left corner of the first pic? does that go?

author=WhiteyWhite link=topic=28407.msg119530#msg119530 date=1367282499]
Love seeing all the different things you have been skiing! keep em' coming.

what's that line in the bottom left corner of the first pic? does that go?

Keen eye – that one doesn't go from the top but is still probably a 1500' run!

Reply to this TR

april-23-24-2013-onp-the-dragon-s-tooth
tyreid
2013-04-28 12:08:51