Home > Trip Reports > April 26, 2013, Summit West

April 26, 2013, Summit West

4/26/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 4/26/13 9:42am
The snow was softer than on Wednesday, but the folks we skied with were outstanding.  Robie and Ed had gotten there earlier, and it was butter on the first few runs.  The last time I skied with Robie was in January 2012 just before my surgery.  Since then he€™s switched from tele to rando.  Hillary, Dale, Jill and I carpooled together, and Dave P. met us there.  I haven€™t seen Dave on rando gear in 10 years!  And he just flies on his downhill gear.  The snow pack is in great shape, but the snow is definitely getting softer. The Monday and Tuesday weather will freshen the slopes, if it comes in as forecast.  No snow cups yet. Only one person arrived during our stay, and he was really moving €“ climbing straight up the slope.  It was a great opportunity to grab some low hanging fruit.  ;)
Very nice morning ! Zap looking smooth as ever ! Ed and I made it down to north bend bar and grill before they ran out of beer.

Sorry to miss the AM group.  We needed a short drive to fun skiing and found it 1-5PM under the Pacific Crest lift.  Nice breeze to keep us cool, soft butter snow with no stickyness (until 4PM.)  Great fun watching the pups enjoy their first snow day, and Belinda enjoying her first skinning day!

Zap.

A few years ago my dad had a severe stroke. Every few months I go to the midwest to visit. I went home two weeks ago andwas telling  him about you, your stroke, and magnificent comeback. How inspiring! I was telling him how he could make a recovery, get in shape, and do the same thing. How rad would that be pops? Come ski with your boy?!?

His eyes lit up. An epiphany? No... "your f@#ing crazy.. skiing is for rich people.. take me to the track"

Thanks for sharing, and for the updates on your progress. I really am routing for you man.

I think we may have had the first Basset Hound April summit at West! :)

Puppies first time in the snow, she had a blast.

Reply to this TR

april-26-2013-summit-west
Zap
2013-04-26 16:42:14