Home > Trip Reports > Denouement, bridge creek, April 22-24

Denouement, bridge creek, April 22-24

4/22/13
Posted by alecapone on 4/26/13 2:08am
Sunday through tuesday this week Kyle and I spent a few days in the upper reaches of bridge creek, getting our redemption on Goode. It was snowing and very winter like when we entered via hwy 20, and a low col east of black peak. some good downhill on the south side of black, and some easy going following creeks to the valley where we set up camp. Superb weather and condtions allowed us to climb and snowboard the ne couloir on Goode in great shape, Logan and the freemont glacier,  and exited from the black peak col and followed the wing lake drainage to the hwy.

No summits or highpoints where had.

Sure to have some lasting great memories from this trip... just a few select photos and moments.

Kyle... crushing it confidently. always a wallow fest.

topping out

Logan peak half pipe

camp fire works.

And that concludes my snowboarding season in the cascades.

Sincerley, Thanks to everybody for everything. 

Stay Rad!!

Scott
Yeah right Scott! You're not done...

nice line in the half-pipe!

Nice work!  I was wondering when I would see a TR from this trip.  It was fun to run into you two at the trail head.  My friend and I ended up coming back to ski Black peak on Monday (when the visibility was amazing) and we saw your tracks heading up and over the col just south of Wing lake (I assume they were yours).  We tried to spot your tracks from the Black Peak South ridge col but didn't have any luck.  Anyway, way to get after it!

"and exited from the black peak col and followed the wing lake drainage to the hwy."

I guess that explains the "bloody mess" comment from Kyle  >:(

Need more pics!

Great fire photo - I second the Boot, more photos, stonking-looking trip
...also, it's a bit early to retire innit? You must have something else to do..........?

Ha.. thanks.

I didnt take many photos, and most are crap. I think you can click on a photo to see the rest. Didnt realise it did that.

I stand by my statement. Its loaded wih key words though ;).  Going on a road trip. I hope when I get back its rock climbing time.... guest room has your name on it jake.

Boot. The exit out wing lake drainage wasnt too bad. Took us twenty minutes longer then going out the other way. Think you could straighten it out a bit and do it quicker.

And mega thanks to the guy who turned around and drove me back to the pass. You got some good karma coming your way.

sweet-looking trip fellas!  i wondered about that wing lake drainage exit, and if the added fall line was worth the exit penalty...sounds pretty close ;).

I had a total blast Ale!
It was nice to get back in that valley and get that line in prime conditions.

Here are a  few photos I took and I look forward to some epic adventures from your road trip.

Goode and our line a mile above.

Scott below the Goode Glacier

The only shot I took looking down the lower 1/3 of the couloir

Scott dropping into the NE Couloir of Goode

The second day was more about checking and exploring the upper North Fork Bridge Creeck area and we were not dissapointed

The Wyatt Glacier and Storm King.

Scott riding Logan

Reply to this TR

denouement-bridge-creek-april-22-24
alecapone
2013-04-26 09:08:23