Home > Trip Reports > April 20-21 Birthday Tour and Cutthroat Peak

April 20-21 Birthday Tour and Cutthroat Peak

4/20/13
WA Cascades East Slopes North
Posted by Animal on 4/21/13 11:29am
Redshift on TAY and I skied the Birthday Tour on Saturday April 20th.  Skiing was on to poor because the the breakable crust was not liking how much I weigh on this day.  The visibility was poor when we dropped off the South side what I think people were calling "Maggies".  The wind was fierce at "Copper Pass area", but the skiing on the east side of this pass was the best of the day.  We skied down for a ways, then climbed back up to Kangaroo Pass and returned to the hairpin at the road.  This was survival skiing. 

On Sunday conditions were totally different.  We left Rainy Pass and headed up the West side of Cutthroat Peak.  We climbed to 6,800 feet where we basically called it because all the new snow was not bonding well to the crust layer underneath.  The pictures posted were from Sunday.
author=Animal link=topic=28346.msg119223#msg119223 date=1366597795]
The visibility was poor when we dropped off the South side what I think people were calling "Maggies". 

Thanks for the report.  Heard the vis was low all weekend.  That run you are referring to is called Madison Ave, somewhat close to Maggies with wind howling in your face :)

B

Reply to this TR

april-20-21-birthday-tour-and-cutthroat-peak
Animal
2013-04-21 18:29:55