Home > Trip Reports > April 16, 2013, Hyak, Still Looking Solid

April 16, 2013, Hyak, Still Looking Solid

4/16/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by The Snow Troopers on 4/17/13 7:54am
link to short conditions video - http://thesnowtroopers.com/2013/hyak-wa-still-looking-solid/

Just a quick conditions update from the home base, Hyak. Yesterday€™s chores were interrupted by a few inches of halfway cold snow that fell, first thing in the morning, on top of the deep wet snow that remained from the last big storm. By the time I was able to make it out, the sun was shining, so I headed for the trees and as much shade as possible ( and try to beat the melting snow from the limbs that would ruin the goods).

pic below taken at high noon 4/17/13

Heading into the trees paid off with a better that expected ride and even a few stashes of good pow (the snow in the open full sun was a little too deep and gwanchy for Trooper dog€™s liking). Stoked for the good coverage that remains in the Central Cascades at 2,600′, making for so many late day touring options. For all of you that still want some lift served action on Snoqualmie Pass, The Summit at Snoqualmie will be spinning the lifts this Saturday and Sunday at both Central and Alpental from 9AM-4PM. As for Hyak I think this will be the last week you will be able to skin from the parking lot and cross the first water gap with out clicking out of the bindings.

below - the goods at high noon 4/16/13

Reply to this TR

april-16-2013-hyak-still-looking-solid
The Snow Troopers
2013-04-17 14:54:07