Home > Forum > thermoflex advice

thermoflex advice

• skip
  • [skip]
More
19 May 2005 09:59 #171738 by skip
thermoflex advice was created by skip
I recently picked up some yellow & black T1's, Mondo 28. I don't have tons of room with a shell fit test (barely 2 stacked fingers), but it's definitely sufficient. I'm looking to pick up some thermoflex liners for them, and I found a deal from a guy on a pair of close-out Mondo size 27's.<br><br>Here's the question: would you think the difference in size could be made up between some generic Mondo 27's and my Scarpa Mondo 28 shell simply through the expansion one gets in heating thermaflex liners, or is that asking for trouble? Bonus Q: If you go small by a Mondo point, can the elongation stretch from the slightly oversized foot be expected to be problematic or no big deal?<br><br>I've had a couple of thermoflex liners at this point, but I've never had to deal with this issue, thus the question. Anyone with experience and/or reasoned thought is welcomed to respond.<br><br>Many thanks,<br>-s<br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2005 11:27 #171741 by Mike_C
Replied by Mike_C on topic Re: thermoflex advice
Skip,<br>I and some others from Bellingham recently had a great experience with the folks from the Intuition basement in Vancouver. If you believe their story, and I do, they pioneered the moldable liner and they definitely know their stuff. We worked with Crystal and she was great. A google search should get you their phone number and if a visit to Vancouver is a possibility, go for it.<br><br>For what it's worth, I have a size 9 shell. They used a size 11 liner to take up any volume. My feet have been warm and happy ever since. <br><br>Mike

More
23 May 2005 11:43 #171756 by kam
Replied by kam on topic Re: thermoflex advice
Skip:<br><br>like Mike_c, i too own a pair of Intuition liners and i love them. i have a larger liner to take up volume, one size larger to be exact. it might be asking a lot of a smaller liner to expand and take up volume. even if it worked, over time your liners will pack out, introducing additional slop. anyway, just my thoughts. i'm sure you can find better advice from the experts. my suggestion is to call around and talk to boot fitters. see what they think, then take an average.<br><br>i got my intuition liners at:<br>Sturtevant's Sports<br>1100 Bellevue Way NE<br>Bellevue, WA 98004<br>(425) 454-6465