Home > Trip Reports > shuksan headwall of hanging and northwest couloir

shuksan headwall of hanging and northwest couloir

4/15/13
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by skibum.roberts on 4/10/13 5:10am
thought i shared this video on here.
enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHYjSvViS_s
that was awesome man!

the sluff off of hanging glacier shot is so epic!!!

dude im giving you 2 replies cause that was so sick!

Whew - that was steep, now were cruising - aggggg!  that's steep and narrow, whew, past that, agggg!  Repeat.

Awesome.  My toes were curling at several junctions.

were you the guys who got locked in the white salmon lot? anyway that was so sick. epic. I can't wait to ride the nwc, its at the top of my list...

Adam, I rarely watch clips but I started watching yours and couldn't stop.  That was really well done.  The headwall clip was scary to watch and then you ended with some high speed GS turns on the Northwest.  Excellent!  Thanks for putting that together and sharing it.

Great work skiing two amazing lines Adam, Eben and Eduardo!

Talk about great conditions.

Extra gnar points for the complete lack of the ubiquitous Whippets.  Amazing steeps there on the headwall and beyond.

Not usually a fan of helmet cam vids - but that was really good - especially the first part. Nicely done.

author=dberdinka link=topic=28238.msg118747#msg118747 date=1365653573]
Extra gnar points for the complete lack of the ubiquitous Whippets.

X2!  And extra style points for killing it wherever the snow allowed.

Great music in the vid -- who is it?  The footage of the drop into the headwall is great.

Wow, this is awesome, really well done man. I'm also not normally a fan of PoV footage all that much, but maybe i'm a convert to it now! The music was awesome, and perfect for the slow and contemplative nature of the steeps. Fading the music out for the suspense of the scary first few turns was a great effect. I felt myself tense up when hearing the sound of the few icy bits, and felt the tension leave when you exit the narrow choke and break in to the faster, wide open turns. Stay safe, and keep it coming. :)

Awesome Adam. I felt like I was there. You must do more of these ;) Thanks for sharing. Shuksan is a mountain that gives and gives.

That was rad! Your video just made my mundane morning coffee way more enjoyable!

Awesome video and tour man! My head was sideways most of the time watching you come off of the hanging glacier. Sweeeet!!

Rewatched the first half again this morning. Compelling; did you have any bail options in the chute?

As a bonus, Stone Walls is my new bluegrass 'o the week. Thank you!

Awesome! Great edit adam.

And What a huge day! Cool to see you all that night. You all had stoke written all over your faces.

Your tracks looks sick from table mt! (where I had an equally huge day doing a half lap. Sorry. No go pro. I dont think the public could handle it.)

hey thanks all.  Wow i'm super stoked on the feedback.  The first pov i made so yeah more to come for sure. 

we were the ones that got locked into the parking lot.
For future folks park, youre cars outside of the gate or be sure to get back by 6.  we managed to track an employee down but he wasnt too stoked on unlocking the gate. 

again thanks and i'm glad a little steep pow skiing can help the normal work week.
lets hope we got some more good snow and cold temps before april ends

looks like you're an expert skier,  nice steep turns/ steep powder.  I might have to get one of those cams for the steeps.

Easily some of the raddest video I have seen from the US. True ski mountaineering. Thanks man!!!

yeah man! you had fat conditions on the headwall, that looked really fun. how was skiing the HG exit chute after your experience last spring, I'd expect that was pretty exciting.

Reply to this TR

shuksan-headwall-of-hanging-and-northwest-couloir
skibum.roberts
2013-04-10 12:10:41