Home > Trip Reports > March 19 Kendall Lakes

March 19 Kendall Lakes

3/19/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by ErikT on 3/20/13 12:05am
I'm no longer sure what people mean when they say they've skiied "Kendall". I plan on dorking out a little bit on a map that will seek to label the uncountable number of Kendall "features". Once the snow gets bad again, maybe.

Anyway, I could talk conditions, but it's dumping up there now, so not going to matter... but we skiied some laps on east to ESE slopes, and even south facing up high, and it was all great. Decent sun crust below 4400', good skiing was had under big trees below there.

reaching our high point:

the missing skiier:

kam developing a pow beard:

amar shredding:

Justin through the trees

Kam slashing out a turn above the highway
Nice photos! Once you have finished "dorking out," I would appreciate an annotated map with Kendall Knob, Kendall Stump, and Kendall Ridge clearly labeled. I am pretty sure of Kendall Peak. Thanks.

Them some nice pow plumes  :)

Agreed! There is so much to explore out there, I too would appreciate an annotated map. It makes for a fun morning, where you can take a few laps and still make it in to work in the early afternoon!

Yum. Pow!

author=garrettww link=topic=27988.msg117742#msg117742 date=1363797212]
Nice photos! Once you have finished "dorking out," I would appreciate an annotated map with Kendall Knob, Kendall Stump, and Kendall Ridge clearly labeled. I am pretty sure of Kendall Peak. Thanks.

"Stump" and "Knob" are both frequently used to refer to the thing I've labelled "Stump" on the map below. I refer to "Stump" and "Knob" as shown on the map. Perhaps the most common usage, when someone says they "skied the Stump", refers to skiing to the west/southwest off the Stump, toward the highway, through the clearcut that's littered with stumps.

I don't believe that there's any standard usage for "Kendall Ridge". I usually imagine that it refers to the long  North-South summit ridge of Kendall, but it's often only a guess, without photos from the TR.

It was very nice!

Reply to this TR

march-19-kendall-lakes
ErikT
2013-03-20 07:05:49