Home > Trip Reports > March 18, 2013, Pineapple Pass

March 18, 2013, Pineapple Pass

3/18/13
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Griff on 3/18/13 12:45pm
Decided to go hit a late afternoon solo tour (though my dog might argue that) up Pineapple. Was hoping that my late start (2:45 PM) would yield a skin track up. Headed out the Source Lake trail behind a couple snow shoers though passed them shortly. Weather at this stage was mostly cloudy, a bit of fog here and there and snow showers off and on.

As I got out to Source, I saw a skin track up CPB, and wondered if I was going to have to break trail up to Pineapple. Fortunately just as I passed a group of young climbers headed out I found a skin track up Big Trees. And a nice one at that, very safe and well done.

As I got to the top of Big Trees in to Great Scott I came across the friendly bro that had broke trail with his dog. Thank you!!!

That gave me the energy to break trail up to Pineapple. It was lovely up there. Snow in the bowl and up to Pineappple was slight wind affected, but a joy to ski back down. Then the snow in Big Trees was over the top. Deep, light and a blast to ski.

No avy danger to speak of, no signs at all. Small sloughing even. I am guessing Nash gate could be/should be open tomorrow at opening bell. Alas, I have an 11 AM meeting and cannot make it.

Enjoy Lot 4 bros!!!!!

Reply to this TR

march-18-2013-pineapple-pass
Griff
2013-03-18 19:45:47