Home > Trip Reports > March 17, 2013, Jove environs, Stevens Pass powder

March 17, 2013, Jove environs, Stevens Pass powder

3/17/13
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Oyvind_Henningsen on 3/18/13 10:05am
Pretty cool tour around Stevens area including a couple of high points and super super great skiing.  Thanks to Anne, Jonah, Tim and Father for the awesome company.  Maybe Greg will post some pics..........
  Maybe Greg will post some pics..........

Ann shows the boys how to get to work with the long first pull up the road

Ann back in the pace line

Our inspired leader consults his trip plan.  He was never off more than 1/2 hour over a ten hour day.

Oyvind exits from the woods after the brilliant run down from Nasons

A beautiful run down through a backlit forest deserves another photo.  Tim breaks out of the trees.  A completely delightful run

The gang on the top of Jove before the long run down

Noah and Janis Lake below on the wonderful run down from Jove.

Oyvind in the trees below Jove

Noah and Oyvind on our run down from a ridge off of Union Gap

Oyvind enjoying the deep powder

And stopping to practice a new observation technique he learned on his recent ski guides course

Tim, right before my camera battery called it quits..

This was a great tour.  Quite nice wood skinning, four great descents and beautiful scenery.  Thanks Oyvind, Tim, Ann and Noah for letting me jump aboard at 5 am when my Bham partner had to bail.

nice tour!

Think we just missed you on your exit. 2nd EB alchemist sighting of the day. Would have came and said hi had I known.

We where playboarding one nason hump to your east.

author=alecapone link=topic=27956.msg117757#msg117757 date=1363800339]
nice tour!

Think we just missed you on your exit. 2nd EB alchemist sighting of the day. Would have came and said hi had I known.

We where playboarding one nason hump to your east.

OK sir, what does EB alchemist sighting mean?

It was a fine day eh!  North and west slopes were brilliant.  Did you happen to notice a  strange mechanical beast with the narrow snowmo tracks all over slopes above the exit road?  No side skiis like some snomo unicycle or something.  Mighty strange.  Through the trees, short turns, .....damn, that sucker ate up the slope.  Wonder what it looks like?  Hope they don't catch on with the -don't-tread-on-me-motorhead crowd:) 

So that was you guys who left the highway right before us on sunday AM. We tried lichtenwasser, got cliffed out going up the main ridge to the lake, so turned and did some laps up the 5300' ridge on the vahalla side of union gap.

Alchemist (?).. is the blue pack in the first photo. Seen hannah wearing one that morning.

I havent seen the machine, but have seen the tracks around.  Check the main forum under the topic 'snow bikes are coming' There is a photo of it cruising the yodelin area.

Great photos Gregg! Looks like an awesome day.

Reply to this TR

march-17-2013-jove-environs-stevens-pass-powder
Oyvind_Henningsen
2013-03-18 17:05:45