Home > Trip Reports > Shuksan Hanging and White Salmon sunny Saturday..

Shuksan Hanging and White Salmon sunny Saturday..

3/15/13
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by banosser on 3/11/13 2:15pm
Not a TR.. but would like to see them from the skiers I happened to snap pics of while skiing @ Baker on the glorious last Saturday we had...  I talked with one group in the White Salmon lot prior to you guys taking off..  the White Salmon was your plan...  Is that you??

skinning the Hanging glacier 

Top of the White Salmon glacier 

pano

and halfway down the White Salmon (on the bump at the shade/sun and just above in the shade)

Nice shots. You can see tracks going into the NW Couloir too.

I think those dots on top of the North Face are Pat and I. We took a couple turns into the north face and found wind affected snow that appeared to persist for at least the first third of the line. We aborted and dropped in on the NW Couloir and found plenty of fresh tracks (despite several parties skiing it before us) and awesome snow!

The traverse was hard underneath but there was a track already in place that made it a breeze.

Awesome...  Here's one of you two before dropping into the NW Couloir.. what a day you guys all had

full size pic

Yep. I'm claiming it, all tracks are mine!

Hey, these are awesome!

I think you can see Eric and I in the NWC in the first shot. I'm directly below the traverse cliff, and he's a couple hundred feet down on the skiers right side of the snowfield. The shadows seem to match up with my pictures.

our perspective

Pretty ideal conditions on Saturday, too bad it couldn't stay that way... Anyone get a final count of how many people skied it? I counted at least 8 including us.

Yep!  I just noticed that last night while comparing a couple of different photos..  awesome day you had for sure!

and thanks for posting your stoke.. that's what I wanted to see  ;D

Here's a full size pano of that pic for ya

and here's one of you just out of the traverse..

Thanks again!

Wildsnow has some fantastic pictures and a TR of skiing it on Friday.

Reply to this TR

shuksan-hanging-and-white-salmon-sunny-saturday
banosser
2013-03-11 21:15:52